The DOGpreacher

I am a 50+ yr. old Evangelist/Singer who loves the word of God, and (after pastoring 7 years) has stepped out in/by faith into the evangelist/itinerant preacher field of service!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Texas, United States

50+ yr. old Evangelist/Singer (former pastor (7 yrs.), I have a wonderful wife, & we have 3 children...all grown. I love preaching God's word. I love teaching, singing, instrumentation (drums/bass guitar), and good fellowship with God's people. I love serious discussion concerning the truth! :<)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Conversion.....And Yours!

GRACE

I was born in sin,
a curse of "the fall",
Not I alone.....
but humanity.....all.

My trajectory was downward,
As only it could be;
'Til His hand caught my falling soul,
Graciously revealing Himself to me.

I saw my sin...
my state...my plight,
Then turning from darkness,
I ran to light.

By grace, through faith,
I have been set free;
No longer a slave to sin,
But to the One Who's blood bought me.

Before the foundation of the world,
He chose me, in Him to abide;
Then with irresistable grace,
Did draw me to His side.

And so, fearing not,
I now stand;
So safely cupped,
In those nail-scarred hands.

With God for me,
Whom shall I fear;
As He preserves me,
I persevere!

In His Hand,
The DOGpreacher


Yes, this is my conversion I wrote about, but it easily could have been yours also. Notice that there is nothing personal about this testimony to God's saving grace that links it only to me (or anybody else). Quite frankly...this is simply what happens to every one who has ever been born from above (born again).

7 Comments:

Blogger Frank Martens said...

awesome, that pretty much sums it up.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger risen_soul said...

I think I could claim that poem along with anyone who was blind but now sees. Amen DP!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger tank said...

Emory. Wow. I have a tie with your little town. I broke down there once when I was a sophomore in college. I was coming home from LeTourneau in Longview. And the folks at Emory Automotive fixed me up. And the custodian Chuck let me use the school's gym right across the road to shoot some baskets to kill time while my car was being fixed. Stranded half-way between school and home. I was impressed by the place. Just thought I'd say hi. Came here via Jacob's blog, and got there from random blurfing. I've been wondering for 4 years if Chuck the custodian is still around. Always wanted to thank him. Is he? Do you know?

Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger risen_soul said...

Time for some more DP....come on!

Friday, December 09, 2005 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Very nice. May God keep us praising Him more and more

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Duval said...

Dear Brother Hall ... just came across your blog by way of a wonderful book that we both seem to enjoy (apart from the Word) and that's the Sovereignty of God. This whole blogging thing is new to me and I am trying to put it all together, but just finding other brethren who love the doctrines of grace is in itself a great plus. I too am a pastor, though just at this moment we are seeking our Sovereign Lord's direction back into full time ministry. There is much out there in these days to overcome as I know you are aware, but plain old fashioned worldliness in the church and its bent on "entertaining" rather than doing sound exposition of God's Word is one of the foremost problems. Anyway, brother, it was good to see your entries and reas some of your find comments.
In Christ,
[Pastor] Jim Duval
Sarnia, Ont. Canada

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger GUNNY said...

Very nice, brother.

My personal favorite:

Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray—
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

-And Can It Be? Charles Wesley

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home